As long as I’ve been working with women and their hormonal issues, I’ve been asked all kinds of questions about supplements. Some clients which brands are effective, others have wondered whether a food-based protocol should include supplements at all. The answer to that is “absolutely!”
Let’s get one thing straight right off the bat: food is always first. There’s no budging on that. To truly heal your hormones and recalibrate your endocrine system, you have to feed your body a micronutrient-rich diet of hormonally-supportive foods in a cycle-syncing pattern. There’s no single supplement that will solve all your problems. However, with that said, I do know that bolstering an already-nourishing diet with a select number of specific supplements that, when used properly, can speed up your healing process and help provide lasting support as you bring your body back into balance.
After years of exhaustive research, I have identified what micronutrients are absolutely non-negotiable and essential for your endocrine system to have what it needs to do it’s job of balancing your hormones. While I have recommended other products found at health food stores in the past, I always dreamed of formulating my own supplements that met my extremely high standards. To add fuel to this desire of mine, a few years back, the scandal broke out that supplements from big box retailers did not contain what they claimed and if they did, they weren’t absorbable by the body. I really get peeved when women end up wasting money on things that don’t work, because that happened to me at the beginning of my hormonal health journey. It’s almost impossible to know which brands to trust, and once you find a reliable source, then it’s time to decide which of their million products to actually purchase.
I finally had enough of all that confusion, and I decided to simplify and streamline the process for everyone! I created Balance by FLO Living – my brand new supplement kit: five formulas, rigorously tested, thoroughly researched, and perfectly suited to meet your needs. After years of research, I’ve determined that these are the five essential micronutrients that every hormonal woman needs in order to stay healthy and these are the only ones that are universally helpful to take.
It took a lot of thoughtful planning and preparation to ensure this kit fits the needs of all women. Because I want you to have the right amount of supplements at every phase of your cycles, the kit arrives in a 60 day, two-cycle shipment so you’re not caught short at any phase of your cycle!
Here is my list of the five essential supplements that will elevate your hormonal healing and help you maintain endocrine excellence for the long haul:
- B-complex. I can’t say enough good things about B-vitamins — they’re absolutely necessary for good health, and many women just don’t get enough. A deficiency in B vitamins can cause low energy and fatigue since they’re so crucial for so many metabolic functions. B6 is a particularly important vitamin that can help boost progesterone production to counteract excess estrogen (a top cause of hormonal dysfunction). B6 supports the development of the corpus luteum, which is where all your progesterone originates, and it also works with your liver enzymes to remove excess estrogen from the body and boosts the immune system.
- Magnesium. Magnesium controls our pituitary health and without it, we produce less FSH (follicular stimulating) LH (luteinizing) and TSH (thyroid stimulating) the critical hormones that signal other glands in the endocrine system to perform optimally. Low levels of those foundational hormones can cause irregular ovulation and thyroid function issues, which can lead to bigger hormonal issues. Most women are deficient in magnesium and it’s involved in over 300 catalytic reactions in the body. If you get bloated and have headaches, those are just two of many other signs you can use to see if you’re deficient.
- Liver detoxifier/estrogen metabolizer. Your liver plays a critical role in maintaining hormonal balance and keeping symptoms at bay. In order to do all of the detoxification work it does on your hormonal behalf, it needs a fully stocked supply of many many micronutrients and antioxidants. I wanted to create a formula to feed your liver, these critical micronutrients and antioxidants like Vit C and Alpha Lipoic Acid, as well as turmeric and more. When your liver is well nourished, it can efficiently break down excess estrogen, a central cause behind hormonal imbalance-related health issues. If your body can’t efficiently process toxins like excess hormones, you’ll be more likely to develop menstrual, fertility, and libido problems.
- Probiotics. A healthy micro-biome is essential for management of every hormonal condition imaginable. There’s a community of gut bacteria and specifically bacterial genes, called the estro-bolome, that produce an enzyme that supports the metabolization of estrogen. Your gut is an important part of the elimination system that is vital in ushering hormones out of the body. When you eat dairy, gluten and eat food that has been produced with pesticides and take antibiotics, you disrupt this hugely important bacterial balance. Turns out we’re more bacterial than human! Most probiotics don’t make it past the stomach acid, I wanted to formulate one that would.
- D3-Omega-3 blend. Studies have shown that 93% of women dealing with infertility issues are vitamin D3 deficient, and women with higher vitamin D3 levels are four times more likely to conceive via IVF than women with low levels. The reason? A low concentration of vitamin D3 causes estrogen dominance, which, as you already know, can lead to a whole host of hormonal issues. Blended in with this important nutrient are omega-3s, the good fat essential not only for mood stabilization, but also for reducing cramps. When you’re deficient in Omega-3’s and high in omega-9’s from things like canola oil, you make more of the prostaglandin that causes cramps! My formulation also includes vitamins K1 and K2 for bone and heart health and collagen for skin and hair.
These are the micronutrients every menstruating woman needs to have more balanced hormones. I’m so proud to be able to offer you this product. With it, now the FLO Living Hormone Center is the only place on the planet where women can go virtually to test, track, treat, and talk about their hormones and improve their periods naturally.
Whether you’re trying to get rid of pesky PMS, offset the effects of synthetic birth control hormones, improve a diagnosed condition like PCOS, Fibroids, etc, or improve your fertility, Balance Supplements are an excellent addition for healthier hormones.
If you’re just learning how your period works with the MyFLO period tracker, Balance by FLO Living Supplement Kit will help you take your health to the next level.
If you’ve started making changes to your food and lifestyle with MonthlyFLO, the Balance Supplement Kit will give you nutrient support to put your worst symptoms into remission faster.
If you’ve graduated from one of our FLO programs, Balance Supplement Kit will give you the nutrient support to stay on track as you continue to eat for all 4 phases and sync with your cycle.
These five supplements represent your personal “insurance policy” against endocrine disruptive things you’re doing (knowingly or unknowingly) that are throwing you off balance.
If you’re ready to feel energized, detoxed, replenished, harmonized, and gutsy, order the Balance by FLO Living Supplement Kit now!
Introducing the BALANCE by FLO Living Hormone Supplement Kit
You’ve been asking me for hormone-friendly supplement recommendations, and I finally have created a solution that I am so thrilled to be able to offer to you on your hormonal balancing journey:
Balance by FLO Living Supplements are a complete package that work together to keep your hormone levels healthy. They include a 2 month (2 cycle) supply of the following formulations so you’re never caught short in any phase of your cycle.
When you take these 5 supplements daily, you’ll be giving your body excellent micronutrients to support healthier hormone levels. Which means that you’ll start to see your worst period symptoms get better… and even disappear after a while.