Cramps, bloating, crazy-making mood swings. Totally typical, right? Wrong.
PMS is the result of a hormone imbalance. It’s absolutely NOT something you should expect to be part of your period, in fact it’s a warning sign that something is majorly off in your endocrine system. It’s not something you should have to endure, put up with, or get through on a monthly basis. You can, should, and deserve to live a PMS-free life! All that crabbiness, agitation, anxiety, irritability, and moodiness that you’ve come to expect can actually be put in the past, once and for all.
Women have been conditioned to accept PMS as part of our lot, but that’s just not true. PMS is a symptom of a hormonal imbalance that’s completely treatable. Better yet, that treatment doesn’t come in the form of pharmaceuticals; it’s made up entirely of the right foods and supplements taken at the right times of your cycle.
The One Big Reason You’re Still Struggling With PMS
If you’re here, I’m guessing you already know that the most common “treatments” for PMS either don’t work or make the root causes so much worse and come with lots of unwanted side effects. You’ve tried pills, teas, tonics, and more. And yet you’re still plagued with monthly misery. So what gives?
It all comes down to one majorly common endocrine imbalance: too much estrogen and too little progesterone. How exactly does this imbalance occur? Blame it on life in the modern world: micronutrient-deficient diets, chemical exposures, and sky-high stress that elevates cortisol levels all combine to form a perfect, hormone-disrupting storm.
You can’t spot treat PMS, you have to address the root causes to get rid of it. In order for your body to produce adequate amounts of the right hormones at the right times, you need several key micronutrients.
The Best Natural Supplements to Prevent PMS
- Magnesium – many women are deficient in magnesium because of our on-the-go busy and stressful lifestyles. Magnesium balances the cycle, eases bloating, encourages good sleep, and alleviates anxiety.
- B6 – B6 helps your body produce more progesterone. Progesterone deficiency can cause a lot of PMS-related symptoms. A low level of B6 can make estrogen dominance more pronounced, when you have too much estrogen in your blood stream and not enough progesterone.
- Probiotics help the estrobolome metabolize estrogen.
- Omega 3s and D3 help increase the EFA’s and D3 levels needed for hormone production and balance overall. A low concentration of vitamin D3 causes estrogen dominance, and omega-3s are essential not only for mood stabilization, but also for reducing cramps.
- Vitamin E – this vitamin specifically helps with premenstrual breast soreness. As an antioxidant it protects breast tissue from inflammation.
- Vitamin C, Alpha Lipoic Acid help the liver break down excess estrogen.
- Calcium – this nutrient will help with the mood swings, fatigue, headaches and acne that can come pre-menstrually.
These micronutrient combinations are the non-negotiable micronutrients every woman needs whether you’re on the pill or not to keep your hormones healthy and happy! After researching these essential micronutrients for hormone balance for over the past 15 years, I decided it was time to create 5 formulations that would deliver these to you every day. The Balance supplements are your daily ritual to keep your hormones functioning optimally.
Additional Natural Supplements to Prevent PMS
These herbs are powerful and should only be used in specific situations. Another reason to go with micronutrients first, you will build up your body’s natural building blocks for healthy endocrine function. In most cases, you will only need the micronutrients and not the herbs.
- Vitex – this powerful supplement has been in use by women for a long time. Vitex increases production of hormones in the luteal phase and offsets estrogen dominance. Vitex helps your pituitary gland make more progesterone on its own.
- Dong Quai – this adaptogen is known as a general tonic for all women and called the female ginseng. Dong quai has muscle relaxing effects and is pain relieving for all those pre-period cramps and aches. Please note though that this powerful supplement should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding or if you have a family history of female cancers.
- Evening Primrose Oil – this supplement has been extensively researched as an aid for hormone balance. Evening primrose oil can help with cramps, aches and pains, and headaches in the luteal phase.
Restore Your Micronutrients, Rebalance Your Hormones, and Remove PMS From Your Life
So now that you know what you’re missing, it’s time to get it all back. But how? First and foremost, food is your foundation. No single supplement can solve your PMS alone. But, there are some key supplements that will, when used in conjunction with the FLO protocol (particularly the specific foods that support your body during the luteal phase), help speed alleviation of PMS symptoms and prevent future suffering.
These are the micronutrients every menstruating woman needs to have more balanced hormones. I’m so proud to be able to offer you this product. With it, now the FLO Living Hormone Center is the only place on the planet where women can go virtually to test, track, treat, and talk about their hormones and improve their periods naturally.
Whether you’re trying to get rid of pesky PMS, offset the effects of synthetic birth control hormones, improve a diagnosed condition like PCOS, Fibroids, etc, or improve your fertility, Balance Supplements are an excellent addition for healthier hormones.
If you’re just learning how your period works with the MyFLO period tracker, Balance by FLO Living Supplement Kit will help you take your health to the next level.
If you’ve started making changes to your food and lifestyle with MonthlyFLO, the Balance Supplement Kit will give you nutrient support to put your worst symptoms into remission faster.
If you’ve graduated from one of our FLO programs, Balance Supplement Kit will give you the nutrient support to stay on track as you continue to eat for all 4 phases and sync with your cycle.
These five supplements represent your personal “insurance policy” against endocrine disruptive things you’re doing (knowingly or unknowingly) that are throwing you off balance.
If you’re ready to feel energized, detoxed, replenished, harmonized, and gutsy, order the Balance by FLO Living Supplement Kit now!
Introducing the BALANCE by FLO Living Hormone Supplement Kit
You’ve been asking me for hormone-friendly supplement recommendations, and I finally have created a solution that I am so thrilled to be able to offer to you on your hormonal balancing journey:
Balance by FLO Living Supplements are a complete package that work together to keep your hormone levels healthy. They include a 2 month (2 cycle) supply of the following formulations so you’re never caught short in any phase of your cycle.
When you take these 5 supplements daily, you’ll be giving your body excellent micronutrients to support healthier hormone levels. Which means that you’ll start to see your worst period symptoms get better… and even disappear after a while.