Raphael Kellman, M.D. is the author of The Microbiome Diet: The Scientifically Proven Way to Restore Your Gut Health and Achieve Permanent Weight Loss. An internist and pioneer in holistic medicine, he is the founder of the Kellman Center for Functional and Integrative Medicine. Dr Kellman has practiced for 17 years and treated over 40,000 patients.
In this 50 minute video discussion between myself and Dr Kellman we will give you a crash-course in gut health and microbiome. We talk through the latest cutting-edge research about this important “ally” in your quest for good health. We discuss the surprising symptoms that come from poor gut bacteria balance. Plus, we reveal the best foods, probiotics and herbs to both clean and heal the microbiome.
If you have been suffering with symptoms from anxiety to brain fog to infertility issues, but your tests results have returned “normal” and you’re feeling frustrated – you MUST watch this video.
Highlights from this fascinating discussion:
- Doctors are over-reliant on routine testing strategies to discover the source of a symptom. Regardless of your experience of poor health, often these tests will come back as “normal” and give no indication as to why you don’t feel at your best. This methodology leaves many women undiagnosed for years.
- Disease and health are a process or flow or systems that are interconnecting. Science confirms this model. We just have to see and interpret the information we are being sent by our bodies. Studies show there are links between diet, lifestyle, and environmental factors that play out in the systems in the body. We can take a leadership role in our health to get better health outcomes and healthcare outcomes.
- What are some of the symptoms of microbiome/gut health issues you should look out for? If you have depression or anxiety, but don’t notice any gut symptoms, you probably still have a microbiome-based issue. What we see as problems in our mind can actually be sourced in the gut.
- What should you do if you think your microbiome might be the problem? The diagnosis is not made by testing, but by understanding how to connect the dots. We must take a holistic view and an experiential view of the body and symptoms. There is no one better to figure out your health issues than you. Don’t doubt your inner voice and intuition just because there is no medical test result to “prove” you right.
- 90% of who you are is because of the bacteria in your body. Bacteria facilitated human evolution. It’s a symbiotic relationship. If we destroy their internal ecosystem – the microbiome – we will see the negative effects. Our friendly bacteria hold the master key to our health. If you have a health issue it’s likely your microbiome is playing a role and if you heal your microbiome you will likely feel better.
- Healing your microbiome can change the trajectory of your life. If you want to do one thing to change your life then investing in taking care of your body is so important. If you are experiencing even “minor” hormonal imbalance issues like PMS or cramps these are indicative of wider problems that will build over the years. Taking charge of your health destiny now will make a huge difference to your whole life.
- The health of the estrobolome within the microbiome is the key to your hormonal balance. A poorly functioning estrobolome can cause estrogen dominance that will set off the “stress axis” in your body and cause infertility at an early age.
- Many B vitamins are produced in the gut. If you have a B vitamin deficiency it is likely that your gut health is not good. A test for butyrate levels will reveal much about your microbiome. These tests should motivate you to make changes in your day-to-day diet and lifestyle.
- Your health is not dictated entirely by your genes. It’s only 2% of what is causing your health issues. The rest is mostly preventable through diet and lifestyle changes.
- The microbiome is an organ that impacts all of your other organs. It’s the most important organ in your body. There are foods that can help you help your microbiome. Dr Kellman shares exactly the kinds of foods that you need to be eating to clean and heal your gut. He also tells you which foods to remove from your diet to support your health. Your friendly bacteria don’t need a whole lot, but they do need enough to sustain them.
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this – the science of your body is on your side!
to your FLO,
Good things come in threes:
I want to hear from you!
First, have you experience lab results that were “within normal range” but weren’t normal for you?
Second, will you try any of Dr Keller’s suggestions for diet and lifestyle changes?
Third: You know every one you know is hormonal – spread a little good ovary karma and share this article on social by clicking the buttons below
Need more Hormone Help?
If you’re needing some health upgrading, it’s time you started you looking into what’s going on with your hormones.
I’ve designed a 4 day hormone detox and evaluation to help you understand exactly what’s out of whack and how you can start getting back to balance so that your hormones no longer have to suffer.
Click here to get your FREE detox and evaluation!
I’ve been having health issues for the past few years and I’m just starting to see the positive effects of eating clean and incorporating probiotics from non-dairy sources (because I’m lactose intolerant). I did a Whole30 and cleaned up my entire diet for 30 days. Now I’m eating clean and supplementing with this great probiotic : http://www.purepharma.com/us_en/products/sb3.html and I feel much better. I still have a ways to go, but trying lots of medicine and different treatments, it was my gut all along!
Some time ago, one of your communications included a link to a product line of probiotics including the one called “Fembiotics”. I ordered some to try, never received the product I ordered, and now am unable to locate the contact information. I was really excited to try a probiotic specifically designed to support my female systems. Can you help?
Love and Light, M