Where is the outside, you ask? Your skin!
Your skin is a way in to the deeper workings of your hormonal system and internal organs of elimination, i.e. your liver, large intestine, and lymphatic system.
If any of those are out of balance, it’s bound to show up in the form of acne, cyclical breakouts, redness, dry or flaky skin, overly oily skin, cystic acne, or other frustrating symptoms.
Your diet is a huge factor in clearing up these issues – and we’ll get into a more in-depth discussion around diet in next week’s webinar!
So in the meantime, I wanted to help you detox your skin care regime so that we can be sure everything you’re putting on the outside is just as good as what you’re eating. After all, anything that touches your skin enters your bloodstream, so if you wouldn’t put it in your mouth you certainly shouldn’t be putting it on your body or face!
Here’s my list of the Top 15 Skin Care Ingredients to Avoid:
1. Aluminum Chloride: in all antiperspirants – aluminum build up in the brain is linked to Alzheimer’s
2. Ammonium Xylenesulfonate: in nail polish - inhalation can cause central nervous system damage and coma
3. Benzalkonium Chloride: a germicide – toxic if taken internally, skin allergies
4. BHA/BHT: a preservative for packaged dry foods and skin care products made from petrochemicals – causes benign and malignant tumors
5. Butyl Alcohol: in clear shampoos – causes dermatitis, breathing problems, dizziness, drowsiness and headaches
6. Diazolidinyl Urea/Disodium EDTA/DMDM Hydantoin: a preservative, made from formaldehyde a known carcinogen
7. Ethanol: in acne products and skin toners gives cool feeling, perfumes – ingestion can cause nausea, stupor, coma, and death
8. Ethylene Glycol: in many shampoos, aka antifreeze- can cause respiratory problems
9. Imidazolidinyl Urea/Urea: a preservative synthesized from known carcinogens
10. Lithium Chloride: used in soap and long life batteries – very toxic to kidneys
11. Methylene Chloride: nail polish remover – skin irritant, narcotic when inhaled and carcinogenic
12. PABA: in sunscreen – causes allergic eczema, skin rashes, swelling
13. Phenoxyethanol: a preservative derived from poisonous Phenols
14. Poly Quaternium 7, 10, 11, 15 : the American Academy of Dermatology lists this as a skin irritant and combines with natural body substances to form potent carcinogens called nitrosamines
15. Talc: implicated in causing ovarian cancer
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this - the science of your body is on your side!
to your FLO,
I want to hear from you!
First: What toxic products and ingredients are you trashing today?
Second: Share your #Flobeauty experience with us!
Third: You know every one you know is hormonal – spread a little good ovary karma and share this article on social by clicking the buttons below
Need more Hormone Help?
If you’re needing some health upgrading, it’s time you started you looking into what’s going on with your hormones.
I’ve designed a 4 day hormone detox and evaluation to help you understand exactly what’s out of whack and how you can start getting back to balance so that your hormones no longer have to suffer.
Click here to get your FREE detox and evaluation!