How can I avoid overeating and gaining weight?
What if there are no healthy options available?
What if my mother-in-law cooks something I don’t want to eat?
If you find yourself asking these questions, you’re not alone!
I spent many years showing up to holiday events with limited options for staying in my FLO. It can feel rude and awkward to not eat the food people have prepared for you, and just as rude or awkward to show up with your own tupperware of greens! Right?
While it might feel weird, it doesn’t have to be – IF you handle it the right way.
Here’s what I learned and here’s what you can do to combat the Thanksgiving food panic:
- Find out in advance what the host is cooking. This should come across in a friendly and curious manner. If you don’t hear about options for healthy greens and side dishes, this is where you can offer to help and bring a dish to share!
- Be sure to eat breakfast and/or a snack before you arrive. The biggest mistake women make before big holiday meals is starving themselves all day to “save up” calories. This will completely make your blood sugar crazy, and you’ll be left with no option but to stuff your face on the carbiest carb lying around.
- Enlist a food buddy. Before or during the event, gain the support of a close friend or family member by sharing your anxiety around food. Tell them about WomanCode and the work you’re doing to balance your hormones and eat in line with your cycle. Be open and honest and crack a joke or two. Ask that person if he or she will help you speak up if needed.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below!
And be sure to sign up to get access to our upcoming webinar: Sex, Turkey, & the Extra 5 Pounds. It’s full of valuable content that can save you from excess stress and weight gain this holiday season.
Sex, Turkey, & the Extra 5 Pounds
How you can use the holidays and your hormones to shrink your waistline and charge up your sex drive
What would it be like if you got through holidays completely healthy, feeling hot and happy, and still able to fit into your jeans by New Years Eve?
As I teach in my premium training program, the WomanCode System, if you know how to harness your hormones, this can all be possible.
Join me for this extra special holiday teleclass, where you will learn:
- which holiday foods to eat and which to avoid
- how to overcome common hormone mistakes
- the secret supplements you MUST use during the holiday season and….
- my favorite holiday detox game plan
Callers from outside the US will be able to join for FREE through SKYPE or from a list of international local numbers!