It might surprise you to know that I’m not much of a chef. That is, I don’t really like to spend a lot of time cooking elaborate meals. I don’t even really like to follow recipes! For me, preparing meals is all about nutritional value, not culinary skills or pretty plating, and so I like to keep it as simple as possible.
The Flo Living protocol is based on this philosophy – simplifying your life, while amplifying your health!
How do I do this? It’s easy!
- Go with the Flo: I follow the Flo Living protocol and choose a short list of ingredients to work with each week depending on where I am in my hormonal cycle.
- No cook cooking: I only actually “cook” twice a week! On Sunday I prepare the core elements for meals for the next few week days, then if necessary, I do that again on Thursday.
- Stretch it out: I make my cooking go a long way – a whole roasted chicken goes into soup, sandwiches, and salads throughout the week. It also becomes a nutritious bone broth.
- Pare down: I keep my pairings simple – my meals have two or three key elements – salmon fillets, sweet potatoes and greens, for example. I bake, saute, boil or roast each and then I’m done.
- Go big for breakfast: I’ve mastered the healthful but simple breakfast, and I make that the largest meal of my day. Click here to get my favorite breakfast and brunch recipes.
Here I share my average weekly meal plan – this is how I save both time and money when I’m cooking for my family.
I find it’s easy to feel inadequate when browsing through beautiful cook books. I am thrilled by the creativity and I get a lot of joy from the gorgeous photos, but I don’t let the complexity put me off. I never revert to packaged foods, pre-prepared meals, or take out when feeling pushed for time – I just keep it super simple, so that it’s always easy for me to stay healthy and on track.
I have had a crush on Jacques Pepin since he first cooked his way into my heart with his heavy french accent on Julia Child’s show. The ethos of his “Fast Food My Way” cooking style is to prepare healthy, tasty meals super quick – it’s very french and super practical. When you’re hungry, you’re hungry, and having a meal ready in minutes stops unhealthy eating habits. I like my meals to taste great, but if I have to spend hours preparing them I just lose my appetite. So, don’t feel paralyzed by the idea of a healthy lifestyle change and swapping pre-prepared meals for real cooking. Cooking fresh ingredients at home shouldn’t be stressful or difficult to schedule. Give yourself a break and you’ll see the benefits to your health!
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this – the science of your body is on your side!
to your FLO,
Good things come in threes:
I want to hear from you!
First, what are your favorite cookery books?
Second, what are your go-to simple meals?
Third, you know every one you know is hormonal – spread a little good ovary karma and share this article on social by clicking the buttons below
Need more Hormone Help?
If you’re needing some health upgrading, it’s time you started you looking into what’s going on with your hormones.
I’ve designed a 4 day hormone detox and evaluation to help you understand exactly what’s out of whack and how you can start getting back to balance so that your hormones no longer have to suffer.
Click here to get your FREE detox and evaluation!