The company I built — Flo Living — helps women ease hormonal health problems by offering a variety of programs and resources that can help balance hormones. We have a vision of women’s healthcare where you are at the center and your GYN and FLO Living are there to support you together to have optimal hormonal health. This is what we believe the future of women’s healthcare must look like.
As the founder of the company, I get asked all the time: “Alisa, help! My hormones are unhappy. Which one of your programs is right for me?”
Today, I’m answering that question.
If you suffer from a hormone-related health problem, and you want to leverage food and lifestyle choices to increase your chances of feeling better, you’re in the right place.
First things first: Why Trust Flo Living?
I’m a functional nutrition and women’s hormone expert with a passionate interest in hormonal biochemistry, functional nutrition, endocrinology, epigenetics, and neuropsychology. I’ve spent the past 20 years studying, researching, personally applying, and teaching women how to bring their hormones into balance. I built my company, FLO Living, as a digital hormone health center to help women learn why their hormones are out of balance and to have access to a variety of tools, products and individual support to restoring hormonal balance naturally.
My desire to help women in their reproductive years was born out of my own struggle with hormone problems. When I was younger, I struggled with cystic acne, weight gain, weight loss resistance, a missing period, fatigue, depression, and brain fog. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and told I would struggle with obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and infertility as I got older. The doctors said there was no cure.
I refused to believe them, and I went on a quest to learn everything I can about how women can balance their hormones, solve their period problems, boost their libido, and enhance their fertility. I discovered some powerful things along the way. Specifically, I learned that food is medicine and that people with female physiology have cyclical needs, or needs that change throughout the course of each 28-day hormone cycle, also known as the infradian rhythm.
Once I’d put all the pieces together, my period came back, I lost 50 pounds, and my cystic acne disappeared. And I got pregnant naturally and easily at age 37.
Which Program is Right For Me: Monthly FLO vs. FLO 28
At Flo Living, we offer women with hormone issues all types of support, from books and coaching sessions to our period tracking app and our cycle-syncing supplements — all of them are valuable and can help women look and feel better. Today, however, I’m going to focus on our group programs and which one is right for you?
Here’s what you need to know:
What is MonthlyFLO?
MonthlyFLO is a specially-sequenced food therapy program that addresses the root causes of your hormonal imbalance and helps you optimize your endocrine function. It is a three-month program that guides you step-by-step in making simple, cumulative food and lifestyle changes that help balance your hormones naturally.
Who is MonthlyFLO for?
MonthlyFLO is our signature program based on the FLO protocol described in WomanCode. If you have a diagnosed menstrual issue like PCOS, fibroids, endometriosis, heavy bleeding (menorragia), or missing periods (amenorrhea), MonthlyFLO takes you step by step through each piece of the protocol.
- You will balance your blood sugar, essential for stabilizing cortisol and healing the adrenals.
- You will improve your cortisol response, essential for achieving overall hormone balance. (Cortisol is one of the body’s master hormones.)
- You will improve estrogen metabolism, essential for processing and eliminating excess estrogen from the body and protecting against estrogen dominance, one of the most common hormone imbalances in women with menstrual issues
- You will rebalance your gut and improve elimination, essential for improving estrogen metabolism
- You will improve your micronutrient levels, essential for supporting your body in producing sufficient hormones and keeping hormones balanced.
What hormone problems can MonthlyFLO help with? Who is it for?
- Heavy bleeding
- Irregular Periods
- Missing periods
- Restoring periods after getting off birth control (the Pill, Nuva Ring, etc.)
What’s included in MonthlyFLO?
- Twenty-two videos of me, taking you through each phase of the FLO protocol in small, digestible, easy-to-understand bites, and simple food and lifestyle ‘homework’ to do weekly to get your hormones supported.
- Worksheets and assignments to help you easily make hormone-supportive food and lifestyle changes
- Three monthly group sessions where you can ask specific questions, get support, and get extra accountability.
- Access to a private forum where we answer questions in between the monthly group sessions.
- Delicious recipes!
- Lifetime access to the curriculum.
Is MonthlyFLO right for me?
MonthlyFLO is a great starting place for women who are new to The Cycle Syncing Method™. If you’ve recently learned about the Infradian Rhythm through my new book In the FLO and you want to start practicing The Cycle Syncing Method™, but you have a pre-existing cycle irregularities, you will have to do a little clean up work first and MonthlyFLO is the perfect place to start. Then you will transition to FLO28 for your ongoing hormonal maintenance.
As a one-time investment that allows lifetime access to the curriculum, MonthlyFLO gives you the opportunity to study the core principles of The Cycle Syncing Method™ again and again. Whenever you want a refresher course or you want to deepen and expand the practice — or if you’ve fallen out of alignment and want to return to this welcoming and healing practice — you will have the tools to do so.
If you want to learn more about MonthlyFLO or enroll in the program, click here.
What is Flo28?
Flo28 is a monthly membership program that invites you into a community of women who are living in alignment with their cycle — and changing the game when it comes to productivity, success, and biohacking more specifically for female body.
The guiding principle of the Flo28 community is practicing The Cycle Syncing Method™, which is a cross between an intuitive time management system, an adaptable diet and fitness plan, and a gateway to your inner knowing, confidence, and power. Flo28 has three core components: food, fitness, and time management, all based on your infradian rhythm. The infradian rhythm affects six key systems in the body: brain function, metabolism, immune system, stress response system, microbiome, and the reproductive system (menstruation, fertility, sex drive).
What makes Flo28 special?
Most other diets and time management systems don’t take into account the changing cycles of our hormones each month. They are built on research that has been done on men that assumes we are simply smaller versions of them who need to restrict calories more and workout more intensively to achieve results. This never happens, of course, because any other diet – from keto, IF, HIIT, done every day the way it has been researched to benefit men will actually disrupt your infradian rhythm and make you feel worse!
As part of FLO28, we’ve created the necessary structure for you to effortlessly live in alignment with your cycle and give you the support you need to succeed.
What issues can Flo28 help me with?
- Cyclical breakouts
- Menstrual fatigue
- Heavy or irregular periods
- Birth control detox
- Making your workouts more effective (so you can get better results with less effort)
- Putting an end to dieting and ineffective calorie-restricted diets
- Managing your time more effectively
- Building more success at work and in your personal relationships
- Restoring hormone balance post-Pill
What’s included with Flo28
- Recipes, shopping lists and meal plans for each phase of your cycle
- Workout Videos tailored to each phase of your cycle
- A Monthly Planner that lets your food, exercise, physical symptoms, and schedule to help you deeply embody The Cycle Syncing Method™
- Monthly “Master Chats” with Alisa that include time for Q&A
- The Cycle Syncing Roadmap, which is a guide that contains everything you need to know about the Cycle Syncing Method™
- Community Support from our FLO counselors through our private group chat.
Is Flo28 right for me?
if you’re tired of trying things that don’t work, that aren’t based on your biology, that haven’t been researched to be applicable to your biochemistry, AND you are finally ready to feel better, Flo28 is for you. Flo28 offers all the practical tools you will need for success, along with accountability and support. Connecting with the Flo coaches and with other women in the community helps women make sustainable food and lifestyle changes and improve their chances at reducing symptoms and improving quality of life. Support and community are especially important right now, as we live through these unprecedented and socially distant times.
To learn more about Flo28 and to become a member of The Cycle Syncing community, click here.
At FloLiving, we dream of a future in which women in their reproductive years partner with their gynecologists AND with our team to get best-in-class hormonal health care… because all women deserve to look and feel their best.