As 2016 comes to a close and we turn over to a fresh chapter with 2017, I want to take a moment to look back on the articles from our blog that have really struck a chord with you all.
I know that these days the amount of information we receive is overwhelming. It can feel tiring just to try to keep up when there’s simply so much to read, absorb and take in. I hope you’ve found the FLO Living blog to be a place you can get the information you need, with clarity, concision, and care for your health and well-being.
I appreciate you reading, sharing, and commenting on these articles, and providing me with great feedback.
I wanted to put together this list to provide an easily accessible way for our established readers to have a reference to useful articles you can refer back to again and again, and for new readers to discover the core information we provide here.
Feel free to share this post with anyone you feel might benefit from FLO Living’s blog and programs. And I’d love it if in the comments below, you’d tell me what hormonal health topics you’d like me to cover in 2017 – what would you like to know more about and what are you curious to know of living in your FLO?
Our top 10 must-read FLO Living essential articles of 2016
- Top 5 Foods To Prevent PMS – PMS is one of the most common hormonal imbalance issues, but it’s completely treatable and avoidable. PMS is not inevitable or necessary and no woman should have to just put up with it. This list provides the foundational building blocks for eliminating PMS from your life.
- The Worst Foods For Your Hormones – there are some big surprises on this list that will make even the most health-conscious reader reconsider their food choices. Sometimes what we believe to be healthy is actually harming our hormones.
- B6 And Progesterone Deficiency – a knowledge-packed article describing the signs of progesterone deficiency, and outlining the path to hormonal balance. The signs obviously rang true for many of you and I’m glad to be able to provide insight into how to resolve this deficiency and eliminate them. Let me know if you upped your B6 intake and felt the difference.
- 5 Foods To Avoid If You Have PCOS – as a PCOS sufferer myself, I have learned a lot in my journey to creating the FLO Living protocol, discovering how to manage my PCOS symptoms and avoid the acne, the weight issues, the hair issues, all that usually comes along with this diagnosis. Eliminating these 5 foods is a foundational step in successfully overcoming PCOS for yourself.
- Getting Your Period Back After Baby – as I learned the ropes of new motherhood I’ve shared more and more about how I’ve fused the FLO Living lifestyle with pregnancy, the postpartum period, breastfeeding and beyond, and how I’m communicating this way of life to my daughter. I plan to share more in the coming year, let me know what you’d like to learn!
- The 3 Rituals I Do When I Get My Period – I have been so happy to see the period revolution that’s built over the past year and now Well+Good has declared a 2017 health trend to be “menstrual realness” – I can’t wait. I’ve been giving menstrual realness for years and it’s wonderful to have more open ears and hearts, more women sharing and more women listening. Not only that, but what they call “woo-woo” wellness is going mainstream – more women are embracing the benefits of rituals, visualization, healing crystals and getting back to nature. I love it!
- The Benefits Of Avocado Oil – it was one of 2016’s hottest foodie trends, avocado oil. I’ve been preaching the gospel of avocados for a long time – they are one of the best superfoods for your hormonal health. Avocado oil provides a perfect way of getting more of these benefits into your everyday meal choices.
- The Health Benefits Of Turmeric – this article includes my favorite golden latte recipe. I’ve been sipping turmeric lattes for years, but once Gwyneth Paltrow got on board with this anti-inflammatory, tasty alternative to coffee, I knew it was time to share my personal recipe. Now you can get versions of this health-boosting drink at so many cafes, but I still enjoy the ritual of brewing a batch at home.
- The Right Way To Use Vitex For Your Hormones – this ubiquitous herb can be easily misused. Herbs are powerful and potent – and Vitex can be as harmful as it can be helpful. It’s key to know exactly how and when to use this tool in the hormonal health kit. What has been your experience with Vitex? Let me know.
- The Benefits Of Maca Powder For Your Hormones – this adaptogen has a great many benefits for our hormones. Maca has come into its own in the last year as more women have discovered it. I’m not someone to suggest there are quick fixes or cure-alls for hormonal health problems, but maca is a useful supplement that can supercharge your efforts with the rest of your diet and lifestyle. If you’ve used and liked maca, let me know how it helped you.
Please leave me a note below and tell me what hormonal health topics you’d like me to cover in 2017 – what would you like to know more about and what are you curious to know of living in your FLO?
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this – the science of your body is on your side!
to your FLO,
Good things come in threes:
I want to hear from you!
First, what have you learned this year from the FLO Living blog?
Second, has our advice made a real difference to your health?
Third, everyone you know is hormonal – spread a little good ovary karma and share this article on social 😉
Is Your Period Healthy?
How do you know if your hormones are healthy? The answer is in your 5th vital sign – your period.
The color of your flow, frequency of your period, and symptoms you have each month can tell you a lot about your health. There are 5 different V-SIGN TYPES, and knowing which one you have will help you get healthy now and prevent disease in the future.