Apple cider vinegar has some very specific, very important benefits for your hormones. I drink a small dose of apple cider vinegar before every meal. I literally take a shot of apple cider vinegar!
- Apple cider vinegar helps your body to convert the proteins found in foods into usable amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks for many different bodily processes, including the creation of your hormones. So, in drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar you’re actually giving your body what it needs to make hormones - addressing any imbalances between estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Apple cider vinegar balances your blood sugar, preventing blood sugar soars and crashes and supporting healthy, consistent ovulation. It improves overall insulin sensitivity, especially if you’re eating a high-carb meal that day. This is especially important for women with insulin-resistant PCOS.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps your body to draw nutrients out of the foods you eat. That same acid can help block the absorption of starchy, bad carbs, too.
- Apple cider vinegar balances acid/alkaline levels in the body, allowing good bacteria to flourish in your microbiome. Your microbiome houses the estrobolome where excess estrogen is processed and eliminated from your body, preventing estrogen dominance.
How I also use Apple Cider Vinegar
- In cooking - I rarely use balsamic vinegars when making salads - instead I use apple cider vinegar with lemon juice to make dressings. I also drizzle it over sardines and sometimes even add it to a smoothie.
- In my beauty routine - I even use apple cider vinegar as a rinse for my hair to combat dry scalp and dandruff, usually after a coconut oil mask! I do the same after I use a face mask, applying apple cider vinegar as an astringent to tighten my pores.
- When cleaning my house - I use apple cider vinegar as a household cleaning agent to get my kitchen and bathroom sparkling.
The best kind of apple cider vinegar
I use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar - it’s raw and organic, the highest-quality apple cider vinegar. And because it’s never heated or filtered, it retains all its goodness so it can successfully bring you all the benefits I mentioned above.
It's important to make sure that the Apple Cider Vinegar has “the mother” - that's the live fermentation sediment that contains all the good stuff that creates the health benefits.
Bragg is always made from fresh, organic apples. It’s a versatile vinegar with a crisp, tangy taste. The difference between any other vinegar and apple cider vinegar is the “mother.” This cloudy sediment (you can see it in the bottle) includes small amounts of proteins, enzymes, amino acids, and fiber, as well as plenty of good bacteria for extra probiotic power.
That’s where the acetic acid comes from. Because Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered and unpasteurized, it’s far more effective than other kinds of apple cider vinegar.
Ready to get your hands on a bottle of this miracle elixir? You’re in luck - Thrive Market is offering my readers and followers a FREE bottle of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar! Claim your FREE gift today before they’re all gone!
I have been using Bragg's my whole life and I'm so excited that Thrive Market agreed to give my readers a free bottle because it's my favorite and because I want to keep bringing you whatever support I can to help you live in the FLO and keep your hormones happy.
Always remember, that once you have the right information about how your body really works, you can start making health choices that finally start to work for you! You can do this - the science of your body is on your side!
to your FLO,
Good things come in threes:
I want to hear from you!
First, are you hormonally sensitive?
Second, do you deal with blood sugar crashes on the daily?
Third, everyone you know is hormonal – spread a little good period karma and share this article on social 😉
Is Your Period Healthy?
How do you know if your hormones are healthy? The answer is in your 5th vital sign - your period.
The color of your flow, frequency of your period, and symptoms you have each month can tell you a lot about your health. There are 5 different V-SIGN TYPES, and knowing which one you have will help you get healthy now and prevent disease in the future.